||Forming partnerships that make great ideas possible.
Colgate dreams big dreams. The Office of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations connects the university with organizations and agencies that are prepared to support our students and faculty as they transform those dreams into reality.
Recent Grants to Colgate:
These are just a few of our recent success stories. Members of the Colgate community can help us add to the list by introducing our university to organizations interested in funding higher education initiatives.
• A $1.2 million grant from Howard Hughes Medical Institute enables students at Colgate to study systems biology, an interdisciplinary field that uses complex mathematical analysis to study networks of interactions within living systems. The four-year grant also supports Colgate students pursuing summer research at the National Institutes of Health, outreach programs for teachers, and a summer Science and Sports program for high school students.
• A four-year grant of $800,000 from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation supports a program of postdoctoral fellows in the humanities and the Core Curriculum.
• Funding from the Institute of International Education helps Colgate sponsor language interns each year from China and Russia.
• The Foundation for Jewish Culture has awarded a two-year grant for a Schusterman Teaching Fellowship in Jewish Studies, supported by the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation.
• More than 25 grants from federal agencies — including the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and National Endowment for the Humanities, NASA, and the United States Agency for International Development — are assisting faculty and student research, laboratory instrumentation, and outreach to regional public schools.
|For more information about
corporations, foundations and
government relations, please contact:
Director of Corporate, Foundation
and Government Relations